Yes, that’s right– today’s post will be about PANCAKES!
This past weekend was extremely busy and stressful as I had many assignments and tests to prepare for.
So, having completed one of my assessments today, I wanted to treat myself with pancakes. That is, Banana Bread Oat Pancakes!
It’s been a long time since i’ve indulged in this delicious recipe, so I am eager to share it with you!
Despite the fact that the recipe is gluten free and vegan, by no means does it lack in flavour.
Banana Bread Oat Pancakes: adapted from http://almondsandavocados.com/banana-bread-oat-pancakes-gluten-free-vegan/
– 1 cup oat flour–use gf oats if you are celiac (you can easily prepare this by grinding oats into a food processor of a high speed blender until it becomes a flour)
– 1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 2 small bananas
– 1/4 + 1 tbsp almond milk (or any other dairy free alternative)
– 2 tsp ground flaxeed
– 2 tsp maple syrup (you can omit, I did because my bananas were extremely ripe and bursting with sugary flavour)
– 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (or grapeseed or EVOO)
– 2 tsp vanilla extract (I LOVE THIS STUFF)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, and mix until incorporated
2. In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and add in your milk, flaxseed, maples syrup, oil, and vanilla and mix the batter. Alternatively, you can use a blender or food processor for this step
3. Add your wet ingredients into the dry and mix until incorporated
4. Head some oil in a pan, and once it is hot enough, pour the batter into the pan. When you see bubbles form on the surface of the batter and the edges of your pancake turns brown, flip and cook until the bottom has browned.
5. Serve with maple syrup/ agave/ Nutella and top with toppings of your choice! As well, feel free to whip up a smoothie to go along with your banana pancakes. I did a mix between blueberries, strawberries, frozen banana, watermelon, and chia